Wednesday 1 February 2012

Thane cyclone!!!




The thane Cyclone

I am going to tell you how I survived the Thane Cyclone , at night of Thursday the 29th December; it began raining at 10 when I was in front of my computer watching a new released film. It raised about 1 o’clock of the morning when I was trying to get asleep. But I wasn’t feeling very good with the sound of the whistling wind that was swaying the trees and was clapping the windows. Finally I slept about 3 o’clock of the morning.


I woke about noon when I saw the biggest disaster of my life, the broken windows were in my living-room, and the trees of my garden were uprooted. There was a power cut, I didn’t have water. So I passed the whole day in front of my French book.



My parents told me that the cyclone passed Pondicherry at about 6am with a speed of 145 km/h. They didn’t allow me to go out because lots of trees were uprooted and all the streets were blocked. But I wanted to see what was really happening outside. And I saw that houses were flooded, some steal roof sheets blown out and some cars were crushed by trees.
I think it isn’t the very good beginning of 2012 and unfortunately there was also 11 deaths.Most of the name boards of the shops were flown away all over the pondichery.

by Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment