Sunday 15 January 2012

A real nightmare



















The cyclone called Thanae was very horrible and terrible. The wind started flowing very fast around 1 o' clock the 30th December of 2011. I didn't sleep a wink, because, first of all there was no electricity, and there were so much noise because of the gusts of wind, like something falling on the balcony, dogs barking, and the sound of the wind.... My house was a little bit flooded, because it was also raining. The trees were swaying and there was approximately 150000 trees which fell down in Pondicherry. That night was like a nightmare, but a real one, . When I went out around 11 o' clock in the morning, I can't see Pondicherry normally, but a "forest" full of trees. Most of trees were uprooted. All shops were closed. Thank god, there weren't so many damages in my house.


There was no electricity for 4 days in my house, because I don't live in the city, and the phone connection was cut for one week.
We can conclude that the cyclone was so nightmarish. In Pondicherry, there was many structural damages.

2 comments:

  1. I am really sorry that the cyclone destroyed so many things. I wish you luck, it's going to take time to reconstruct all that was destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for the terrible experience you went through and I wish that your nightmares are now over. Hopefully you are all well!!

    ReplyDelete