Thursday 26 January 2012

Terrible cyclone of my life!






















The cyclone Thane was very horrible. The wind started flowing the night of the 29th December 2011. In fact, I didn't sleep a wink because of the sound of that terrible storm and also there was no electricity at all. Trees were dancing and electricity cables dangled along the streets.


Fortunately, my house wasn't flooded but banana trees fell down and other trees were uprooted in my garden. The next day, an auto passed by my home to give food to poor people who didn't have.


The government has given 2000 rupees per family for the cyclone 's damage.


It was the most horrible and terrible cyclone of Pondicherry. After this event, Pondicherry has turned into a swamp or rather turned into a forest!!!


Few days later there was a false alarm which said that there was an earthquake in Kadalur so I wake up at 5 o' clock the morning.

1 comment:

  1. It must have been very difficult for you to get through this! I hope that everything has gone back to normal.The damages will be restored with time. The most important thing is that you are healthy and fine!

    ReplyDelete